over 4 years ago
Whether you boil or roast the beets for this refreshing salad the results are delicious, so use whatever method works best in your kitchen. You'll find that tangy tarragon vinegar is a great match for crisp, bitter endive leaves in this side dish.
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Belgian endives, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 to 3 cooked beets, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper to make a dressing. Transfer half to a second large bowl.
Toss endive with dressing in one bowl and beets in the second bowl. Arrange endive on individual plates, spoon beets over the top, garnish with walnuts and serve.
- 101 calories
- 9g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 25mg sodium
- 4g carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)
- 1g protein