about 1 year ago
A highly flavorful dressing featuring almond butter, ginger, garlic, dates and chile pepper makes a delicious accompaniment to broccoli and bean sprouts. Serve it over soba noodles if you like. This is a Health Starts Here recipe.
Serves 6 to 8
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted dates, raisins or prunes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 1/2 small serrano pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets and lightly steamed
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
In a blender or food processor, purée almond butter, lemon juice, dates, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper and water until smooth.
Transfer dressing to a large bowl, add broccoli and cilantro and toss well. Cover and marinate for up to 1 hour, if you like. Arrange bean sprouts on a large platter, top with broccoli, garnish with cilantro and serve.
- 226 calories
- 13g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 267mg sodium
- 24g carbohydrate (9g dietary fiber, 9g sugar)
- 12g protein