6 months ago
A delicious dish for any vegetarians.
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leak, sliced into half moons
- 2 teaspoons fresh herbs, chopped (use basil, thyme or sage)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 2 cups cooked barley
heat saute pan until hot. add mushrooms and cook until they have released most of their juices, about 6 minutes.
add oil, onion, leak and herbs; saute until tender.
stir in cooked barley and toss together until heated through. season with salt and pepper.
you can also add dried fruit and chopped nuts.
- 265 calories
- 6g total fat
- 1g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 9mg sodium
- 47g carbohydrate (11g dietary fiber, 1g sugar)
- 8g protein