about 1 year ago
Rich cocoa is the perfect complement to the sweet, caramelized, brown-sugary taste of sweet potatoes. This dish is not too sweet but a perfect dessert warm, at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with any nuts you like or a flourish of coconut flakes.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sweet potatoes in a parchment paper covered baking dish and bake for an hour to 75 minutes or until very tender. Cool sweet potatoes until they are able to be handled. Remove skin from sweet potatoes.
Combine peeled, baked sweet potatoes, cocoa powder, honey, coconut milk, vanilla extract, ginger, cinnamon and sea salt in a blender or food processor and puree until very smooth. Taste and add a tablespoon or two more honey to taste if desired. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and cool completely to room temperature and chill until ready to serve.
Ladle pudding into dessert glasses and garnish with pecans and coconut flakes. Serve!
- 349 calories
- 24g total fat
- 16g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 230mg sodium
- 36g carbohydrate (7g dietary fiber, 21g sugar)
- 4g protein