over 5 years ago
If needed, substitute 1 teaspoon dried parsley and 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme for the fresh herbs and the flavor will still be fantastic. Ingredients with an asterisk (*) are available in the Whole Foods Market Family of Brands.
- 1/3 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard*
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 (5- to 7-ounce) center-cut bone-in pork chops
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil*
Combine flour, salt and pepper on a plate. Combine mustard with water in a bowl. Combine bread crumbs, parsley and thyme on a plate.
Dredge pork chops in flour to coat, then shake off excess. Dip pork chops in mustard sauce and drain off excess. Dredge in bread crumb mixture pressing it in to coat all sides.
Preheat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil in skillet. Cook chops about 5 to 8 minutes per side, adjusting heat under skillet to prevent burning.
- 276 calories
- 14g total fat
- 2g saturated fat
- 29mg cholesterol
- 301mg sodium
- 23g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 2g sugar)
- 13g protein